quinta-feira, abril 17, 2008

Ode à ambição

Once upon a time I had plenty of nothing,
Which was fine with me.
Because I had rhythm, music, love,
The sun, the stars and the moon above,
Had the clear blue sky and the deep blue sea.
That was when the best things in life were free.
Then time went by and now I got plenty of plenty,
Which is fine with me.
'Cause I still got love, I still got rhythm,
But look at what I got to go with 'em.
Got my diamonds, got my yacht, got a guy I adore.
I'm so happy with what I got, I want more!
I got rhythm, music too, just as much as before
Got my guy and my sky of blue,
Now, however, I own the view.
More is better than nothing, true
But nothing's better than more, more, more
Nothing's better than more.
Each possession you possess
Helps your spirits to soar.
That's what's soothing about excess
Never settle for something less.
Something's better than nothing, yes!
But nothing's better than more, more, more
Except all, all, all
Except once you have it all
You may find all else above
That though things are bliss,
There's one thing you miss, and that's…
More! More! More! More!

«More» by Stephen Soundheim

Sem comentários: